PHP Web Developer
- Job Title: PHP Web Developer
- Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
- Hours: Full time
- Contract: Permanent
- Location: Worcestershire
We're looking for an experienced web developer to join our company with the following requirements:
- Knowledge of PHP, in particular experience with Object Oriented programming
- Experience understanding and working with custom code
- Experience with MySQL
- Independent problem solving skills
- 2+ years commercial experience in the web industry
You will have strong PHP/MySQL based development skills and will be working with and developing custom CMS and E-Commerce software that we have developed, as well as building new bespoke systems from scratch using the most appropriate technology.
The following skills would be useful:
- Experience with version control systems. We use Subversion but experience with Git would also apply
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS frameworks
Familiarity with web standards
- Have excellent communication skills
- Able to work effectively on your own and as part of a team
- Are keen to learn and keep up to date with latest technologies
Can self-motivate and cope with pressure of deadlines
What we do
Since 1996, Hughes Media have specialised in producing high quality websites which are mostly based on technology that we have created ourselves. We aim to be proud of everything that we publish on the web.
Who we are
We are an enthusiastic and passionate team of developers and designers based in a beautiful barn conversion in the Herefordshire/Worcestershire countryside. We are commutable from Worcester, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Evesham, Pershore, Ledbury, Hereford, Stourbridge, Kidderminster and Leominster.
We work with many businesses based in the UK and overseas. Our clients come from a wide range of sectors – see our website portfolio for examples.
How we work
It is important to us that our team enjoys coming to work every day. Overtime is a rare thing, which helps with work life balance. We enjoy a relaxed office atmosphere with a casual dress code and a friendly environment.
We have a generous holiday allowance. Our standard allowance is:
- 20 free choice holiday days
- Your birthday
- The office closes annually on 24th December and re-opens on the first working day of January
- The statutory UK bank holidays
- In 2016 all of the above would equal 32 days holiday
Find out more about working for Hughes Media.
Send your CV to:
Hughes Media Internet Limited
Clifton upon Teme
Tel: 01886 853385